Canadian QSR Solutions Inc - Intermediate Accountant
Canadian QSR Solutions specializes in Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) point-of-sale (POS) solutions, including hardware, software, training, installation, help desk and technical support with self-serve kiosks, security cameras, order confirmation boards, drive-thru wireless, and timers. QSR Solutions offers a complete solution for QSR Restaurants, which include A&W, Dairy Queen, Tim Hortons, KFC, and Wendy’s.
Based in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, QSR supports 25 employees in Maple Ridge, BC including an administrator who will liaise with this position to assist with their purchasing, billing and account collections. Owned by a company who operates several other businesses and, with a small administration team, QSR provides accounting and administration support to these businesses, including as a hospitality business which includes a boutique hotel and fine dining restaurant.
More information about Canadian QSR Solutions can be found at http://www.qsrsolutions.com/.
Reporting to the Controller, the primary focus of the Intermediate Accountant is to support the day to day accounting activities for Canadian QSR Solutions Inc. General duties will include such activities as entering sales orders, creating purchase orders, entering payables, producing cash receipts, banking, reconciling balance sheet accounts, preparing journal entries, and any other accounting and administration functions that may be required to support the company and associated businesses. The Intermediate Accountant is involved in all aspects of the business, including supply chain, sales forecasting, purchasing, and account collections, and provides leadership and support to other members of the accounting team including the Controller and principal ownership partners.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Accounting and Administration
- Enter sales orders in Microsoft Dynamics GP on a timely basis
- Transfer sales orders to invoice
- Invoice customers for service when work order complete
- Post sales batches
- Enter cash receipts and post batches
- Enter payables and post batches
- Assist with the administration of Helpdesk support and Service contracts
- Produce monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, including bank reconciliations
- Apply analytical skills to accounting data to ensure accurate reporting of financial information
- Work closely with the General Manager and Controller to provide forecasts than can be relied on for ordering stock
- Develop relationships with suppliers and provide purchase orders on a timely basis
- Work closely with the BC warehouse to ensure purchase receipts are entered on a timely basis and regular periodic inventories are performed and reconciled.
- Set up new part numbers vendors in GP as required
- Process credit applications as needed
- Identify slow moving and excess inventory
- Analyze "Received Not Invoiced” report and follow up with vendors
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
Formal Education & Training
- 3-year College Business Diploma or University Business Degree with major in Accounting
- At least 5 years of accounting experience
- Thorough working knowledge of all aspects of the accounting cycle
- Experience using business accounting software packages, especially Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Must be able to work closely with administrator in Maple Ridge, BC by providing accounting software training, ensuring they understand and follow proper accounting procedures, etc.
- Provide leadership and direction to junior accountant in Niagara-on-the-Lake and be able to assist the Controller
- Able to work in a team environment
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Work independently and make decisions that support the business
- Intelligent and well rounded
- Self-directed and well organized
- Detail oriented
- Customer focused
- Trustworthy and dependable
- Above average communication skills
To explore this opportunity further, please email your resume (filename: "Last name, First name - CV”), with "QSR - Intermediate Accountant” in the subject line, in confidence to:
Sarah Burrows at email@example.com or call Larry Sartor at 416-464-6856.
We thank all those that apply for the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.