New Search: Vice-President, Corporate Services--Goodwill
Goodwill International is one of the world's largest and oldest Social Enterprise organizations. Founded in 1902, Goodwill employs over 105,500 people in its business activities in North America and experienced a 9.7% growth in 2011, with combined revenues of over $4.4 billion. In North America, Goodwill’s served over 4.2 million people, a 75% increase, and placed 182,320 jobs, an 11.2% increase. Goodwill places an individual in a job every 38 seconds. In addition, Goodwill operates in 13 other countries outside of North America and is expanding in South Korea and Brazil.
In a 2012 report, Forbes Magazine ranked Goodwill as one of America's Top 25 Most Inspiring Companies. The article states Goodwill, "outlier among so many high-powered brands, consumers are really appreciative of the Goodwill retail stores and the perceived feel-good value they are bringing to local communities."
Goodwill, The Amity Group
Goodwill, The Amity Group is a social enterprise that helps people overcome employment barriers and obtain work, thereby increasing their dignity and independence within the community. Since 1935, their focus has been to find employment solutions for individuals and employers alike, throughout the Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, and Milton areas.
In support of this effort, their retail stores recycle and sell donated goods, which not only helps save the environment, but also provides training opportunities for individuals seeking employment, and funding for services not supported by government.
To accomplish this, Goodwill works with both individuals and employers to find employment solutions that meet employers’ business needs and provide individuals with work. A good employee can make a good business even better and Goodwill has the expertise to find, train and match individuals for today’s business needs. For over 75 years, Goodwill has been doing just that.
Goodwill, The Amity Group is proud to recognize that its President, Paul Chapin served as the Chair of the International Board of Directors and was the first non-American to do so in the organizations 110 year history.
Unlike many organizations providing services in our communities, Goodwill International organizations are subject to rigorous review and standards, ensuring that programs are meeting the needs of those served and that funds are appropriately utilized. In 2011, Goodwill, The Amity Group's review resulted in a full 3 year certification, with an overall compliance level of 95%.
Join a team of dedicated individuals in an organization with international reach and opportunity for global advancement!
The Vice President of Corporate Services is a member of the Senior Management team, providing leadership and management oversight for the provision of corporate support services. The Vice President directs and oversees the operations in Finance and Administration, Information Technology, and Human Resources, including direct reports from the Manager of Human Resources, a Senior Accountant and the Executive Assistant. The position reports directly to the President.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees Business Office operations including accounting practices, payroll, and banking
- Acts as primary contact for Auditors and Insurance Agency
Managing Personnel Systems
- Ensures the proper maintenance and safe keeping of all personnel records
- Recommends appropriate personnel policies & procedures, overseeing their effective implementation
- Ensures the establishment of appropriate employee recruitment and orientation processes
- Ensures the appropriate training and advice to managers in regard to hiring, firing and disciplinary matters
- Ensures the proper administration of Performance Management Systems
- Oversees Employee Benefit Programs
- Oversees the provision of Long Service Awards for employees and clients
Labour Relations Activities
- Provides training and support to management in contract management and interpretation
- Manages grievance and arbitration processes
- Plans for and Chairs labour/management meetings
- Prepares for and coordinates union negotiations as directed by the President
Employee Health & Safety
- Provides overall leadership and coordination for Senior Management for all Health and Safety matters including interfacing with the Ministry of Labour
- Protects employees and the organization’s assets by establishing and enforcing safety practices with the assistance of the Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee
- Ensures the provision of appropriate safety communication and training
- Oversees the management of Goodwill’s Disability Management Program, including: WSIB process, Early & Safe Return to Work initiatives, non-work related injury/illness issues, accommodation.
- Ensures appropriate management of Goodwill’s Employee Assistance Program
Employee Development and Training
- Ensures the provision of appropriate employee training in consultation with management and employee groups
- Ensures the provision of a program to provide regular and timely employee evaluation and feedback
- Oversees access to staff development funds
- Coordinates Marketing initiatives in consultation with the President and other managers
External News Bulletin
- Publishes the External News Update at least two times per year
- Oversees volunteer recruitment, orientation and placement
- Oversees volunteer recognition activities
- Plans and manages IT services including support staff and/or external contracts
- Oversees office and retail support technologies (e.g. telephone, computers, POS, etc.) & e-waste disposal
- Oversees telephone messaging system to promote connections with the public
- Co-ordination of Special Fundraising events including the United Way Campaign
- Acts as the Corporation’s designated Privacy Commissioner
- Manages the Annual Client/Employer Recognition Ceremonies (Awards Night)
- Coordinates preparation for GII Certification (or other Corporate Accreditation reviews)
Assists The President with
- The administration of the salary, wage and benefit programs
- Maintains currency in financial, personnel and labour relations matters through contacts with professional associations and participation in ongoing education and/or training
- Participates as a member of the management group by providing support services and advice as needed
- Represents the organization on related portfolio matters or as requested by the President
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Formal business and/or financial preparation required through relevant courses at a university level with preference for formal financial designation from a professional association: CA, CGA, CMA, MBA
- Additional experience or preparation desired in one or more of the following areas: Human Resources; IT; Marketing; or Fund Raising
- 5 or more years’ experience in a management role
- Balances "Big Picture” Strategic thinking with attention to details
- Working knowledge in all core areas of job responsibility outside of field of specialization
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent judgement and a practical approach to solving problems
- Approachable with high level of social/people interaction skills
- Expertise in MS Word, MS Excel and commercial Accounting software
- Drivers licence and use of a car for travel to various locations