Energy+ Inc - Manager, Regulatory Affairs & Financial Planning
Since 1906, Energy+ Inc., a leading electricity distribution company, has been providing safe, reliable, quality electricity and customer service to its communities. Our core business is to deliver electricity and maintain the hydro lines to homes and businesses. We are also focused on delivering value added services and solutions to help our customers reduce energy usage and reduce costs. We have a responsibility to work hard to ensure that our infrastructure of poles, wires and technologies keep evolving to meet our communities' growing needs. We are ready 24x7 to respond to all electricity emergencies.
Our mission is to provide ideas, solutions and value-added services that benefit our customers and communities. Setting a standard of excellence as our benchmark, we exceed customer expectations. In other words, we deliver!
More information about Energy+ Inc. can be found at https://www.energyplus.ca/en/ourcompany.asp.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, The Manager, Regulatory Affairs and Financial Planning is accountable for leading, managing and continuously improving the regulatory and financial planning strategies and initiatives of the Corporation. Regulatory responsibilities include the preparation of rate applications, regulatory reporting, and analysis. Financial planning responsibilities include supporting the strategic planning process for the Company, and the preparation of short-term and long-term financial budgets, forecasts, and analysis.
In conjunction with various business departments, this position will lead, support and implement, the advancement of benchmarking and Key Performance Indicator’s to support the attainment of corporate and strategic objectives.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Day to day supervision of the regulatory department
- Lead and mentor the Regulatory and Financial Analyst
- Actively contribute to the development and implementation of regulatory strategy
- Prepare quarterly and annual reporting to the regulator, including RRR filings, annual Scorecard, etc.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Plan, co-ordinate, and prepare the annual rate applications in accordance with the OEB’s filing guidelines and policies
- Prepare, co-ordinate, and manage regulatory submissions in accordance with applicable regulations
- Prepare rate impacts and analysis in support of the rate application process, as well as part of the budgeting and planning processes
- Review and communicate current and emerging regulatory requirements
- Ensure all employees are well trained and knowledgeable regarding regulatory requirements
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement process improvements with respect to collecting and reporting of regulatory information, including annual processes required to enhance the Cost of Service Rate Application process
- Evaluate industry best practices and recommend improvements to the Economic Evaluation modelling and processes
- Oversee the Regulatory and Financial Analyst in the completion of economic evaluations, including annual inputs and true-ups to customers, including co-ordination with Engineering
- Actively participate in industry associations and other regulatory committees as a representative of Energy+
Financial Planning and Analysis
- In conjunction with the Manager, Accounting, plan, co-ordinate, and prepare various elements of the annual budget, five-year plans and financial forecasts
- Prepare materials and presentations to support corporate governance reporting
- In conjunction with various business departments, develop, implement, monitor and report on key performance indicators and benchmarking metrics utilized in measuring the organization’s performance
- Lead special projects to identify and improve analytical tools, internal business processes, and financial processes and reporting
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
Formal Education & Training
- Minimum of five years of experience in a senior regulatory position, combined with a professional accounting or MBA designation
- A sound working knowledge of utility accounting, regulatory issues and prior supervisory experience
- Preference will be given to previous work experience with a local electricity distribution company
- Strong strategic and analytic thinker
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Customer focused
- Above average interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Solid business analysis and planning experience
- Able to manage multiple projects and exercise good judgement in prioritizing tasks
- Proficient use in Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Intelligent and well rounded
- Engaged and motivated
- Resourceful and efficient
- Self-directed and well organized
- Detail oriented
- Trustworthy and dependable
To explore this opportunity further, please email your resume (filename: "Last name, First name - CV”), with "Energy+” in the subject line, in confidence to:
Larry Sartor at email@example.com or call 416-464-6856.
We thank all those that apply for the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.