Director Professional Practice & Quality - Across Boundaries
Across Boundaries provides a dynamic range of mental health and addictions support and services and works within Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression and resisting Anti-Black Racism frameworks. These frameworks enable Across Boundaries to provide equitable, inclusive and holistic mental health and addiction services for racialized communities.
Rooted in up-to-date research and consistently active community engagement, our progressive strategies are implemented by our capable staff - who are committed to improving the quality of mental health and addiction care for racialized* people.
*According to the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the term racialized person or racialized group is preferred over racial minority, visible minority, person of colour or non-White, as it recognizes the dynamic and complex process by which racial categories are socially produced by dominant groups in ways that entrench social inequalities and marginalization.
To provide equitable, inclusive and holistic mental health and addiction services for racialized communities within an anti-racism/anti-oppression and resisting anti-Black racism frameworks
Dignified, inclusive and compassionate mental health and addiction services for racialized communities
Mandarin, English, Somali, Tamil, Urdu, Dari, Twi, Sinhalese, Gujarati, Tagalog, Arabic, Pashto, Hindi, Farsi
The Director of Professional Practice and Quality will be in a full-time senior management position reporting to the Executive Director, with direct reports from management and multi-disciplinary teams. Providing value-driven leadership on key organizational and sector deliverables, this role requires a strategic thinker who will have the primary responsibility of overseeing program delivery, organizational quality improvement (maintaining accreditation standards), research, education and training, privacy standards/legislation, and growth/outreach strategies. The Director of Professional Practice and Quality will be working in a unionized environment, in a confidential, excluded position and will ensure all work in their portfolio is carried out from an anti-racism/anti-oppression and resisting anti-Black racism lens.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Clinical, financial and administrative management of all program operations including performance evaluation and professional development of relevant program staff
- Develops and implements clinical and risk management standards, policies and practices, and mechanisms to measure and evaluate adherence to standards and guidelines
- Reviews statistical and projection reports and ensures all benchmarks are met.
- Oversees the development and implementation of Quality Improvement Initiatives for the agency
- Supports the Executive Director by providing strategic and operational program plans, information and analysis to inform corporate decision-making.
- Ensure implementation of Training and Education Programing (s) both internally and community
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Social Work, or other Social Sciences from a recognized university or related experience
- Seven to ten (7-10) years of management experience within a clinical setting
- Commitment to and implementation of Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression, resisting Anti-Black racism principles in all aspect of agency work
- Solid knowledge of healthcare sector, current trends and legislative requirements
- Knowledge and experience of predominant approaches to individual counseling, group therapy, crisis intervention, and case management principles
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of models of care, theory, and practice in both the Mental Health and Addictions field in community-based settings
- Excellent strategic, organizational and project management skills; ability to prioritize workload for teams and work independently.
- Ability to develop systematic approaches to planning, implementing, evaluating and improving the quality of programs and services, including providing education, training and coaching to staff
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to forge innovative partnerships and increase program reach
- Ability to work within established timeframes and meet deadlines
- Lived experience of a racialized community, and second language an asset
- Experience in a non-profit, charitable organization an asset
- Excellent, demonstrated written communication skills to write clear, concise documents and communications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office/SharePoint and project management tools
Across Boundaries is strongly committed to the principles of anti-racism/anti-oppression and resisting anti-Black racism and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from all racialized communities, ethnic origins, religions, genders, abilities and sexual orientations.
To explore this opportunity further, please email your resume (filename: "Last name, First name - CV”), with "Across Boundaries” in the subject line, in confidence to:
Mary Courtney at email@example.com or call 519-893-1933.
We thank all those that apply for the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.