Across Boundaries - Program Manager
Across Boundaries provides a dynamic range of mental health and addictions support and services and works within Anti-Racism/Anti-Oppression and resisting Anti-Black Racism frameworks. These frameworks enable Across Boundaries to provide equitable, inclusive and holistic mental health and addiction services for racialized communities.
Rooted in up-to-date research and consistently active community engagement, our progressive strategies are implemented by our capable staff - who are committed to improving the quality of mental health and addiction care for racialized* people.
*According to the Ontario Human Rights Commission, the term racialized person or racialized group is preferred over racial minority, visible minority, person of colour or non-White, as it recognizes the dynamic and complex process by which racial categories are socially produced by dominant groups in ways that entrench social inequalities and marginalization.
To provide equitable, inclusive and holistic mental health and addiction services for racialized communities within an anti-racism/anti-oppression and resisting anti-Black racism frameworks.
Dignified, inclusive and compassionate mental health and addiction services for racialized communities.
Mandarin, English, Somali, Tamil, Urdu, Dari, Twi, Sinhalese, Gujarati, Tagalog, Arabic, Pashto, Hindi, Farsi.
The Program Manager reports to the Director of Professional Practice and Quality, oversees the programs and services, including the supervision of all program staff. The Program Manager will be responsible for the 2 team leads from the bargaining unit, who will assist with the systems and mechanisms that will result in the effective implementation and delivery of all Across Boundaries programs. The incumbent will stay abreast of trends and developments in the sector and bring this knowledge to their work. The Programs Manager advocates Across Boundaries’ vision internally with staff, and within the sector. All of the program and operational positions under this portfolio will report to this Manager.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivery of high-calibre, relevant programs and services in line with the Strategic Plan and the anti-racism/anti-oppression, resisting anti-Black racism frameworks of the organization
- Conducting needs assessments and developing new programs and/or expanding existing programs according to trends and best practices, in consultation with the Director of Professional Practice and Quality
- Supervision of day-to-day activities of program staff/placement students/volunteers/consultants etc. at various sites in the city
- Developing relationships with referral agencies, organizations and practitioners
- Develop relationship with referral agencies, organizations and practitioners
- Actively seek out partnerships for collaborative programming
- Completing reports required by the government and other funders and ensure programs meet all legislative, regulatory and professional standards
- Attend relevant internal, external meetings and networks as necessary
- Working collaboratively with Management Team
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years management experience in clinical mental health and addictions for adult and youth programs
- Master’s degree in Social work
- Demonstrated experience in developing, implementing and evaluating programs and services
- Strong anti-racism/anti-oppression analysis and demonstrated experience of working from an anti-oppression framework
- Demonstrated experience in community development
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizing, computer and advocacy skills
- Superior presentation, facilitation and public speaking skills
- Second language an asset
- Experience managing in a unionized work environment
- Lived experience of racism and/or other oppressions
Across Boundaries is strongly committed to the principles of anti-racism/anti-oppression and resisting anti-Black racism and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from all racialized communities, ethnic origins, religions, genders, abilities and sexual orientations.
To explore this opportunity further, please email your resume (filename: "Last name, First name - CV”), with "Across Boundaries - Program Manager” in the subject line, in confidence to:
Larry Sartor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 519-893-1933.
We thank all those that apply for the position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.