New Search--Whitby Hydro--Director Customer Service & Billing
DIRECTOR CUSTOMER SERVICE & BILLING
Whitby Hydro Energy Services Corporation is located on the north shore of Lake Ontario east of Toronto in the heart of Durham Region We provide Energy Consulting Services to Industrial and Commercial users in Ontario and throughout North America.
Reporting to the President/CEO, the Director of Customer Service & Billing is responsible for all aspects of customer interaction to maintain customer loyalty and meet regulatory requirements. The Director is also responsible for the overall management of the Competitive Billing Service Division and for its overall operational success.
- Direct and manage the operation of assigned Departments, developing goals and objectives for these areas while ensuring efficient utilization of the human and financial resources to achieve established performance objectives
- Responsible for managing the Conservation and Demand Management portfolio.
- Oversee the Utility’s Public relations function and recommend improvements in the areas of media and community relations
- Develop and update a comprehensive corporate communications plan
- Coordinate and evaluate consumer surveys
- Coordinate the Utilities advertising campaign, seeking input from staff and approval from the President & CEO
- Oversee development of newsletters, press releases and display material
- Build relationships with the media, other utilities, business partners , politicians and the community through various communication vehicles
- Prepare and present corporate plans and policies to the President & CEO, senior staff and the community
- Direct education programs to ensure they support the stated goals of the Utility
- Oversee the interviewing, hiring, training, development and discipline of all staff assigned to the Department
- Develop, implement and maintain sound operating policies and procedures for the Department and ensure they are understood and properly administered
- Prepare and administer annual budget
- Understand and implement regulatory procedure in accordance with the rules set out by the Ontario Energy Board and the Independent IESO.
- Communicate with Retailers and administer service agreements
- Conduct special projects and prepare reports as required by the President
- Represent the Utility on various external committees and project teams
- University Degree
- Strong administrative background with minimum 12-15 years’ experience at a senior management level in public relations, customer service and business development
- Thorough knowledge of public relations including media relations, marketing and customer service
- Experience in setting and meeting budgeted targets
- Proven ability to effectively direct and motivate staff
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to speak confidently in public
- Broad knowledge of electrical utilities and their day-to-day operation
- Strong knowledge of rules and regulations within the distribution and retailing of electricity
Whitby Hydro offers an excellent working environment, competitive compensation and opportunities for professional development.
To explore this opportunity further, please contact Larry Sartor, Sartor & Associates Inc. Talent Recruitment Solutions at 416-464-6856 or email your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
Whitby Hydro is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all those that apply for the position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.