North Bay Hydro - President & Chief Operating Officer
NORTH BAY HYDRO – President & Chief Operating Officer
North Bay Hydro strives to provide high levels of customer satisfaction and reliable electrical service with the lowest feasible number of interruptions of minimum duration. They value employee and public safety and will assist customers in becoming informed about economical and efficient uses of electricity. They are committed to promoting responsible energy consumption and environmental management. With issues such as Global Warming and power shortages/outages in the public eye and at the forefront of the news, it has become more important than ever to promote the need for responsible energy management.
North Bay Hydro operates several incentives designed to reduce the amount of energy being consumed and to promote effective environmental conservation. Organizing events where customers can exchange their old incandescent light-bulbs for new energy-efficient compact fluorescent bulbs is just one of the things they are doing to fulfill their mandate for a greener North Bay.
Mission: North Bay Hydro is committed to distributing electricity to its customers in a safe, reliable and efficient manner that provides good value for the money while being responsive to customer and community needs and contributing to provincial and local policy objectives.
- 100% self-funded through electrical distribution rates and service charges
- Pays taxes, not funded or subsidized by taxes
- North Bay Hydro staff includes 47 full-time employees and 6 full-time services
- Has franchise to distribute electricity in the City of North Bay
- Only one ‘lost time’ incident in 14 years
- Has significant number of customer interactions through store front operations, local call centre, daily contact by employees, and a broad community presence
Serves as the President and Chief Operating Officer for all North Bay Hydro affiliate companies under the control of North Bay Hydro Holdings Limited. Active companies include North Bay Hydro Distribution Limited and North Bay Hydro Services Inc. Works under the general guidance and policies of the respective Boards of Directors.
This position provides strategic direction, leadership, guidance, management control, and hands-on support to drive the various companies to achieve results in accordance with direction agreed to with the Boards of Directors. Directs staff responsibilities consisting of, but not limited to, seven subordinate positions and up to 53 indirect subordinate positions.
The President and Chief Operating Officer will be a strategic and innovative leader who will quickly earn credibility in the eyes of the Boards and stakeholders and continue the evolution and growth of North Bay Hydro for long-term sustainability.
The President and Chief Operating Officer will bring a successful track record as a CEO, President, COO or Senior Executive in a regulated industry. The President and Chief Operating Officer will have an impeccable business record, strong interpersonal skills, and must be a hands-on leader. In addition:
- Demonstrate high levels of business acumen to drive the development and execution of strategic plans, meet business requirements, and affect succession planning.
- Proven ability to conceptualize what needs to be done, set directions and attain business objectives and goals.
- Exhibit drive and energy, along with a relentless approach to success.
- A leader who is ‘not afraid to roll up his sleeves’ and get into the details to achieve wins; opportunistic in terms of driving business results; pragmatic and realistic in approach.
- Collaborative leader, effective relationship-builder, and strong team player.
- Foster an atmosphere of operational excellence in the deployment of both capital and people.
- Lead organizational and cultural development to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations while maintaining transparency and strong relationships with staff, business partners, and stakeholders
- Financial acuity and the ability to understand and communicate goals with a strong understanding of return on invested capital.
- A reputation for integrity, business savvy, common sense, sound judgment, team orientation, customer focus, decisiveness, detail-orientation, and effective change management.
- Have a well-developed industry network that can be leveraged to help drive the success of the businesses.
- Ability to navigate the political aspects related to dealing with the shareholder as well as juggling the differing business goals and objectives of the organizations and leveraging the assets to meet those goals.
- Ethical; high level of integrity; team builder who continuously strives for excellence
- Strong sense of humour; humanistic and encouraging
- Strong community character; open and transparent; pragmatic
- Entrepreneurial sense and spirit
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The President and Chief Operating Officer is responsible for:
- Working with the Boards to create strategic direction for the businesses including financial performance results that are consistent with the opportunities and requirements presented by each of the businesses.
- Working with the Board of each of the companies to maximize shareholder value and obtain shareholder objectives.
- Maintaining liaison with the Boards and ensuring the Boards are advised of and understand the significance of various issues.
- Working with direct reports in a hands-on manner as required to ensure performance goals and planned objectives for the divisions are accomplished.
- Understanding the details and complexities of the regulatory environment and how to optimize performance within this provincial context. Maintaining an industry network of contacts to assist with this process.
- Leading, driving the development, and monitoring the implementation of immediate and long range business and operational plans.
- Ensuring Board reports are concise and accurate and meetings are well organized to ensure that all relevant issues are given due consideration.
- Developing a positive public image for the companies and acting as the spokesperson on critical issues.
- Ensuring that safety and training needs are met and participating in these areas as necessary.
- Ensuring the successful continuation of the organization through career planning to fill positions due to retirement and other vacancies.
- Working with direct reports to maintain control of all operating expenses and monitor revenue budgets.
- Performing annual performance appraisals.
- Maintaining liaison with Hydro One, EDA, OEB, IESO and community leaders and professional and/or business associations as necessary.
- Supervising and participating in contract negotiations and labour relations matters.
- Overseeing the development of new policy and changes to policy for approval by the Board, to ensure consistency and conformity to organizational and customer needs.
- Supervising preparation of minutes and resolutions of the Board and maintaining control of all Board correspondence.
- Ensuring that all regulatory filings are to standard and filed in a timely manner.
- Providing positive leadership by maintaining communications with all staff and by clearly communicating the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Ensuring compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations, Electrical Utility Safety Rules, and all other pertinent legislation.
- Ensuring staff development through training and experience.
- Ensuring the organization has a focus on customer needs and systems are in place to monitor performance.
- Other related duties.
- The restructuring and changing business environment requires evaluation to ensure that North Bay Hydro responds in an appropriate proactive manner.
- On-going communication to employees that North Bay Hydro is responding to change and those employees cannot continue with a ‘status quo’ attitude.
- Reviewing, evaluating, and revising processes and procedures to make them more effective and customer friendly.
- Developing strategies and business plans for long term success as the energy sector evolves.
- Simultaneously dealing with multiple business situations including regulated monopoly, competitive goods and services, Conservation Demand Management and renewable generation.
- Ensuring that opportunities within the regulatory environment are maximized in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, Technology, or recognized equivalent with an MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of senior leadership or management level experience.
- A commitment to leadership development, succession planning, employee empowerment, and inspiring a shared vision.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of a regulated market, trends, and the demand for the reduction of all types of energy usage and carbon emission.
- Executive presence and the ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of clientele, internal staff, management, and external stakeholders.
- An innovative, results oriented, strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to drive business growth through market based solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to execute strategic plans and successfully implement change.
- Enhanced conflict resolution skills and the ability to handle difficult situations.
- Excellent communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Proven organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Experience in a multi-service utility environment an asset.
Please send your resume in confidence to Larry Sartor at firstname.lastname@example.org; reference in the subject line: "North Bay Hydro President & COO”
We will consider regular full-time applicants as well as applicants seeking a shorter-term contract.
Only those applicants selected for an initial interview will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.