Systems Analyst - Niagara Peninsula Energy
NIAGARA PENINSULA ENERGY
This position reports to the IT Manager and is responsible for providing research, development and implementation of information systems development plans, policies and procedures. The incumbent is responsible for providing advice on a variety of information systems issues and acts as the database administrator for the customer information system.
- Information Systems: Consults and works with Business Application Support to review documented user requirements and creates and documents technical design. Conducts technical studies and designs, develops and implements information systems business solutions. Primary support to design, develop, implement and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems. Supports the corporation’s Disaster Recovery Program to ensure it is current and that all relevant changes are implemented and communicated.
- System Security: Assesses the physical and technical security risks to data, software and hardware and develops policies, procedures and contingency plans to minimize the effects of security breaches.
- Policies and Procedures: Collaborates with the IT Manager and IT Specialist/Network Administrator to develop and implement policies and procedures for computer systems, operations, system interfaces and development to maximize efficiencies, effectiveness and overall quality of hardware and software products and information systems.
- System Audit: Collaborates with the IT Manager, the IT Specialist/Network Administrator and potential third party system auditors to conduct independent third-party reviews in order to assess quality assurance practices.
- Supports the corporate Occupational Health & Safety initiatives by incorporating safe work practices into daily work routine.
- Reports any unsafe conditions or observed unsafe work practices to supervisor.
Provision of Expert Advice
- Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
- Consults with IT Manager when designing business system solutions. May provide technical support and guidance for projects.
- Recommends solutions regarding technological changes when required and provides all required documentation.
- Advanced troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to support corporate vision and to integrate corporate philosophies into the daily routine.
- Advanced skills in the use of PC, server, network infrastructure and telephony maintenance and support.
- Previous experience in report writing, example: Cognos and Crystal Reporting.
- Requires a minimum of a college diploma in computer science or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety requirements as it relates to individual, organizational and operational requirements.
- Advanced knowledge in the design, development and implementation of information systems business solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows (Windows 7, Windows server 2008), database software and reporting (Cognos, Crystal Reports, SQL), VMWare, Mitel, Avaya network switches.
- Requires more than 5 years of related experience.