Confidential Client - Manager, Information Technology
MANAGER, INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Our client is an organization located in Northern Ontario’s "Canadian Shield Mining belt”. Under the direction of the President, the Manager, Information Technology will provide strong vision, leadership and overall management on the efficient use of technology resources throughout the organization. This position will work closely with all areas and levels of the business to assess short and long-term needs and to map out a resource plan based on the business objectives incorporating industry best practices. This position is responsible for overall implementation and execution of these plans.
This position is responsible for all aspects of IT operations for the organization. Areas of focus will include integrated information management, mobile technologies, telecommunications, information security, disaster recovery, user support, development and IT infrastructure. The incumbent is up to date with the latest network and systems information, results oriented with a strong focus on customer service delivery.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with the management team to identify available technologies and systems that will support successful implementation of the business’ strategic plan.
- Establishing a long range plan regarding IT deployment and application integration.
- Operating as a change agent not content with the status quo and be proactive in collaborating with business administrative management on process optimization through technology.
- Promoting and overseeing strategic relationships between IT internal resources and external entities, including vendors, and partner organization.
- Solving complex problems related to systems analysis, design and implementation of business solutions to support business strategic objectives.
- Managing the operation and maintenance of AS400, networks, databases, system integration, telecommunications, mobile devices/apps, geospatial information system, and phone system.
- Consulting with the management team to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Establishing and maintaining regular communication updates with the organization’s management team.
- Creating, managing, implementing and executing project requests through process of review, approval, and prioritization.
- Developing and overseeing the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Developing business case justification and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Supervising the recruitment, development retention, and organization of all information technology staff in accordance with corporate budgetary objectives and human resources policies.
- Delivering superior results and dynamic people leadership in a team based environment.
- Maintaining a strong leader focused on the development and coaching of employees.
- Conducting performance reviews and ensuring that training and development is available to enhance performance of employees.
- Keeping current with trends and issues in the IT industry, including current technologies and industry best practices. Advising, counseling, and educating management on the competitive or financial impact.
- 3 year Community College Diploma in data processing or equivalent combination of experience, and industry certification.
- 3-5 years’ experience in IBM AS/400 and IBM iSeries Desktop.
- Ethernet network experience using TCP/IP, Windows networking, VOIP.
- Experience in controlled networks.
- Significant experience required leading the development and configuration of information systems architecture to deliver business processes efficiently and effectively.
- Superior leadership, organizational, communication, presentation, interpersonal, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Flexibility in responding to rapidly evolving priorities.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence as well as providing leadership skills to critical staff.
- Strong PC, hardware, and software support, for hardware/software installations, configuration, administration and trouble shooting.
- Excellent time management skills, demonstrated ability to manage, implement, and execute multiple projects and work within tight deadlines.