Director, Corporate Services -- Whitby Hydro
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Director of Corporate Services is responsible for the leadership of the corporation’s business functions in the area of Human Resources, Health and Safety, Corporate Communications, Records Supports Services, Business Services and Facilities.
- Develops and implements Human Resource policies, programs and practices to establish and maintain a workforce with the skills and capacity to achieve the corporation’s strategic direction/goals.
- Responsible for compliance with all health and safety, accessibility and environmental regulations and legal requirements.
- Supports the corporation’s management team on Human Resource matters, while maintaining solid relations with the union executive and employees.
- Maintains enterprise-wide employee benefits programs, including health, dental and life insurance.
- Corporate Communications
- Develops and implements communications initiatives that meet the needs of the corporation’s shareholders, customers, employees and other stakeholders. Includes responsibilities for corporate websites and social media applications.
- Develops capital and operating budgets to support all assigned business functions.
- Collaborates with the corporation’s executive team to establish business plans and budgets that support the company’s strategic plan and business goals.
- Monitors divisional financial performance and ensures that risks and/or threats to performance levels are identified, assessed, mitigated and managed appropriately.
- Provides enterprise-wide logistics support, including purchasing, inventory management.
- Procures and maintains the corporation’s vehicle fleet, and supports vehicle user groups to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all fleet assets.
- Establishes and maintains facilities to meet the workspace needs of the corporation’s employees.
- Develops and implements records management policies and programs to ensure statutory compliance and to mitigate business risk.
- Maintains corporate liability, property and vehicle insurance policies.
- Provides enterprise-wide support for I.T. and telecommunications requirements.
- Ensures the business unit has the appropriate infrastructure and resources concerning people and technology.
- Identifies opportunities to improve the quality of the business unit’s operations and the efficient utilization of resources and ensures the establishment of the necessary business processes and internal control systems.
- Sets the tone and fosters a culture that promotes ethical practices, the values and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct of the enterprise.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Experience and Education
- Possession of a post-graduate level degree from a recognized university in a related professional discipline; OR a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- 10 years of experience in a senior leadership role in an organization of similar size and nature.
- Proven ability to effectively resource, direct and motivate staff.
- Establish and maintain positive cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills being a persuasive speaker and writer who can communicate effectively with both internal management and external client groups
- An individual of high integrity, possessing strong interpersonal skills and a sense of urgency.
- A "hands on” professional who leads by example and motivates individuals at the company, at all levels, to strive for success and excellence.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills that serve to influence and persuade others.
- Able to work collegially, but effectively through others and build strong professional relationships across the company and industry.
- Confident, open and willing to confront difficult issues and challenge others in order to create positive change in pursuit of company goals.
Health and Safety
- Actively participate in safety training and be knowledgeable of corporate safety rules and practices and must implement safe work procedures that ensure the safety of the Company employees and customers.