Quick Service Software - Corporate Controller
This job is located in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON.
Quick Service Software
Founded in 2000, Quick Service Software Inc. is a global leader in software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for financial management, food cost management, and labor management.
Purpose-built for the quick-service food industry, its highly flexible and scalable Clearview web-based solution is used by more than 6500 restaurants to optimize and automate food orders, cash management, scheduling, financial tracking, reporting, and much more, maximizing profits from every dollar earned and providing unprecedented business insight for multi-unit operators and franchisors at both individual store and aggregate levels.
Clearview integrates seamlessly with multiple POS systems, accounting packages, payroll vendors, and suppliers to create a sophisticated yet easy-to-use consolidated dashboard for complex multi-unit operations.
Clearview provides strategic business insight and efficient back-office operations for many of the industry’s leading businesses, including McDonald's, Tim Horton’s, Wendy’s, Burger King, A&W, Church’s Chicken, Arby’s, and Dairy Queen.
Reporting to the President & CEO the role will be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures comply with federal and provincial regulatory requirements. The position will establish and maintain internal controls to support the financial infrastructure and report risk areas to management. The position will oversee accounting, financial reporting, analysis and reporting of financial data to Panasonic Corporation and will work closely with the management team in preparing the annual business plan and forecast updates. The position will have responsibility for the HR function and will work closely with the HR Manager to ensure compliance with regulatory regulations and company objectives to enhance the Quick Service Software culture and values.
- Oversee accounting including monthly and quarterly reporting and budgeting.
- Produce internal reports and analysis for management including the monthly scorecard.
- Make recommendations for monitoring and controlling costs including departmental budgeting.
- Supervise the activities of the accounting staff and HR Manager.
- Maintain and develop solid working relationships with financial institutions, external accountants, consultants, customers, and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with government authorities, e.g. Payroll Taxes, HST and corporate tax remittances
- Cash flow management including credit and collections
- Implement a tracking system for capital and leased assets.
- Implement a PCI compliance program to protect customer information
Human Resource Responsibilities
The Human Resource function will report to the Controller working with key stakeholders within the organization to determine strategic Human Resource needs and implement or modify existing programs to attract and retain the best talent. The Controller will work side by side with the HR Manager the ensure the objectives of each of the programs are being met. The programs include:
- Payroll administration
- Employee compensation plans
- Employee benefits administration
- Group retirement plan
- Compliance with employment law and Panasonic programs
- Update company policy as required and communicate to staff
- Risk Management including Health and Safety
- New employee orientation
Experience and Education
- University Degree in Business and/or Accounting
- CPA required
- 5+ years of experience as a Controller having managed 3+ full time employees during that time.
- Experience working with Human Resource policy and regulatory requirements and ability to oversee the HR function.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Fluent in Japanese is an asset
- Highly competitive salary plus annual bonus
- Comprehensive 100% company paid benefits package
- RRSP matching
- Health and Wellness Program