Brantford Power - Senior Manager, Human Resources & Corporate Services
Reporting to the CFO and VP of. Corporate Services, the Senior Manager of Human Resources and Corporate Services is responsible for the leadership of business functions in the area of Human Resources, Health and Safety, Corporate Communications, Records Supports Services, Business Services and Facilities for Brantford Power Inc and the affiliate companies of the Brantford Energy Group of Companies’.
- Develops and implements Human Resource policies, procedures; programs and practices to establish and maintain a workforce with the skills and capacity to achieve the corporation’s strategic direction/goals.
- Responsible for compliance with all health and safety, accessibility and associated AODA obligations including facilities and website; environmental regulations and legal requirements.
- Supports the corporation’s and affiliates’ management team on Labor Relations matters maintains solid relations with the union executive and employee association leadership and leads and supports the company’s Negotiation Committee members in the collective bargaining process. Manages the negotiation and administration of employment contracts for contracted temporary employees or for procuring staffing from temporary employment agencies.
- Supports the procurement and third party management and maintenance of enterprise-wide employee benefits programs, including health, dental, vision, life insurance and employee assistance programs..
- Monitor industry practices for total compensation to ensure Brantford Power Inc. and affiliate practices remain competitive with comparable market entities. Maintains applicable job evaluation programs to ensure compliance with internal equity policies and mandated pay equity requirements.
- Actively participate in safety training and be knowledgeable of corporate safety rules and practices and must implement safe work procedures that ensure the safety of the Company and affiliate employees and customers.
- Identifies opportunities and implements solutions to improve the quality of the business unit’s operations; employee engagement and the efficient utilization of resources and ensures the establishment of the necessary business processes.
- Fosters a culture that promotes ethical practices. Develops; maintains monitors and reports on Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and Employee code of conduct of the enterprise.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations including the management of compliance with privacy and freedom of information legislation MFIPPA and PEPIDA and climate change obligations.
- Manages third-party outsourced service level agreement administration; and supports related contract negotiations;
- Provides enterprise-wide logistics support, including purchasing and the administration of the Company and Affiliate’s Purchasing Policies,
- Supports and manage facility maintenance to meet the workspace needs of the corporation’s employees
- Administers the Company and Affiliates Risk Management Policy including the development and implementation of risk management registries and related business risk mitigation strategies; records management policies and programs to ensure statutory compliance for the Company and Affiliates.
- Maintains corporate liability, property and vehicle insurance policies and coordinates related claims administration with insurance providers.
Experience and Education
- Possession of a degree from a recognized university or a designation in a related professional discipline (ie. HR; Legal; Labor Relations) ; OR a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- 5-7 years of experience in a senior leadership role in the functional areas of Human Resources; Legal; Labour Relations and Negotiations in an organization of similar size and nature.
- Proven ability to effectively resource, direct and motivate employees and external stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain positive cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills being a persuasive speaker and writer who can communicate effectively with both internal management and external client groups.
- An individual of high integrity, possessing strong interpersonal skills..
- A "hands on” professional who leads by example and motivates individuals at the company, at all levels, to strive for success and excellence.
- Ability to work collegially, but effectively through others and build strong professional relationships across the company and industry.
- Advanced macro business understanding; strong management and supervisory skills.
- Broad skills to communicate a compelling future; ability to adapt to change and influence others to succeed.
- Confident, open and willing to confront difficult issues; work with a sense of urgency and challenge others in order to create positive change in pursuit of company goals.