New Search--Baywood Homes--Planning, Development & Infrastructure Manager
With over 25 years of building experience, Baywood Homes has established itself as an award - winning, innovative builder. Having been recognized by industry associations such as the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD - formerly the Greater Toronto Home Builders Association), Ontario Home Builders Association (OHBA), Canadian Home Builders Association (CHBA) and most recently, having received a design award for the Bohemian Embassy high - rise project on Queen Street West at the Hospitality Design Awards in New York, Baywood Homes continues to build on a solid foundation of excellence.
Baywood has designed a number of master - planned communities throughout Ontario that combine detached family homes, medium density housing and high-rise components. Working with award-winning architects and urban designers, Baywood has planned and built highly acclaimed and anticipated communities across the province.
As a longstanding excellence-rated member of Tarion, Baywood Homes continues to be a leader in construction standards, purchaser and employee satisfaction. By ensuring that quality controls are maintained throughout all development stages, from land acquisition and assembly, to the development, design, construction and after sales service, we guarantee you will be proud to call your house a Baywood home. A testament to our commitment to quality craftsmanship is the large number of purchasers that are referred to us from current Baywood Homeowners, for us there is no greater compliment than to have our homeowners trust in our commitment to quality homes.
With over 3000+ units scheduled to be built in the next decade, Baywood is looking for an energized, team player who can grow with the organization as the volume of projects increases. This is an exciting opportunity in the burgeoning real-estate sector with an organization at the forefront of home and condo development.
This position is responsible for 3 projects in various stages of planning and development and could expand well beyond the initial three.
Wasaga Beach: 400 acre draft plan development; phase 1 of possible 10 is complete; a variety of structures from 3 story condos, 20-25 ft. townhomes, range of single lots from 35-40 to 60 ft. lots, with an additional 20 acres of commercial development. Standard condos are under construction with the balance of the 9 possible phases still to go through site plan approval and the condominium registration process.
Barrie: 50 acre development, 1400 units currently working on finalizing OMB approval with respect to Official Plan Amendment, rezoning, draft plan approval.
Innisfil (Lefroy): Two Plans of Subdivision with a total of approximately 320 lots/units and a 7.5 acre commercial site.
Subdivision one consists of 117 single family lots, plus a 7.5 acre commercial block. First phase of 63 lots is currently being serviced. Plan registration and Building Permit availability is anticipated in early 2014.
Subdivision two includes 120 single family lots and a seniors' housing block to accommodate 82 units. Rezoning is complete and Draft Plan Approval is expected within the next two months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of land development projects including, land use planning, engineering design approvals, tenders, contract awards, environmental assessment, community design and municipal approvals for redevelopment.
- Technical leadership of multidisciplinary project teams including: planners, urban designers environmental scientists, engineers surveyors.
- The role is a combination of roughly 70% planning and development duties, and 30% engineering responsibilities.
- Must be available to attend and participate in Planning Committee and Council meetings, pre-construction and site meetings, and Ontario Municipal Board hearings.
- 10+ years’ industry experience
- P. Eng./C.E.T. and/or Urban Planning degree preferred
- Demonstrated success in multidisciplinary team leadership and project management
- Excellent working knowledge of the land development industry and planning process, municipal and provincial planning policy
- Thorough understanding of budgets, project management schedules, project financing and securities; i.e. letters of credit.
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills
- A successful candidate is persistent and comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, and fluid environment.
To explore this opportunity further, please contact Larry Sartor, Sartor & Associates Inc. Talent Recruitment Solutions at 416-464-6856 or email your resume in confidence to email@example.com