Westario Power - Accounting Supervisor
The Accounting Supervisor reports to the CFO, is responsible for the procurement, inventory, fleet and facilities functions of the company, assists in the financial operations of the company, and directs the activities of the Shared Services Department staff.
2.0 Essential Duties And Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of the job include but are not necessarily restricted to the following.
- Applies principals of accounting to prepare financial reports in accordance with the financial policies and practices of the company
- Prepares monthly and annual financial statements and reports for the review of the CFO
- Assists in the preparation of regulatory filings and reports;
- Prepares and maintains Economic Evaluation Models for third party developers;
- Prepares annual capital and operational budgets for facilities, including buildings, grounds, supplies and services
- Prepares the source documentation as required by all departments for the annual Capital and Operational budget deliberations
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Shared Services Department
- Ensures reconciliations are completed by Finance Clerks on a timely basis;
- Approves journal entries and maintains proper back up to support the journal entries;
- Applies methodology and maintains appropriate documentation to support general ledger account balances;
- Reviews and evaluates accounting controls and procedures.
- Manages operational, accounting and control policies and procedures for the requisition, valuation, issuance and disposition of inventory;
- Develops, implements and maintains controls over minimum inventory quantities and ordering points;
- Ensures compliance with company policies;
- Supervises periodic inventory counts and valuations; and compiles and prepares periodic reports analyzing inventory movement and position for review of the CFO.
- Manages the provision and maintenance of all facilities, including buildings, grounds, supplies and services.
2.4 Vehicle Operation
- Operate company vehicles as required.
2.5 Company Policies
- Be fully familiar with all policies and procedures as they relate to the position and observe same.
- Observe all company safety standards.
- Report unsafe conditions.
- Recommend ways of improving the safety of the work environment.
- Ensure work practices are in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and any other applicable legislation.
3.0 Supervisory Responsibilities
Directly supervises five employees in the Shared Services Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, recommendation for hiring, training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations shall be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
4.1 Education and/or Experience
- Business related Degree from four-year college or university; accredited accounting designation (CA, CGA or CMA); five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Ontario electrical utility financial procedures.
4.2 Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
4.3 Mathematical Skills
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
4.4 Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
4.5 Computer Skills
- Thorough knowledge of the Company’s Financial software.
- Thorough knowledge of all Microsoft products including but not limited to:
- Word, Windows, Excel, Visio, Power Point, Project Planning, Outlook
4.6 Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Accredited accounting designation (Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant or Certified Management Accountant)
5.0 Application Information
Please send a resume in confidence to Larry Sartor at firstname.lastname@example.org